Property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More Solicitors Manchester
At South Bank Legal, our expert property dispute solicitors, Manchester, understand that disputes, particularly those involving your home or commercial property, can be intensely personal. We understand that disputes can arise for a range of reasons, and those involved will want to keep their costs to a minimum and resolve the dispute as soon as possible. Fortunately, we can assist you through every step of the process.
Property Dispute Solicitors Manchester
Our team of property litigation solicitors, Manchester act, not only for homeowners, but for commercial property developers, property management companies (both residential and commercial), commercial landlords, tenants, vendors, surveyors, large retailers, estate agents and purchasers.
Our team of property dispute lawyers have many years of experience representing clients and supporting them on a full range of property litigation services, sometimes on a long-term basis.
Residential Property Disputes Following a Purchase
Our property law solicitors assist with a wide range of residential property disputes. If you have entered into a contract to purchase a residential property, our property litigators can help you with the following:
- Off the plan purchases – Where the property is a new build, and the developer has failed to serve a completion notice by the long-stop date, we can advise on your rights under the contract. You may, for example, have a right to rescind off the plan contract where the developer has failed to use reasonable endeavours to construct the property on time.
A right to rescind may also arise where the developer fails to use reasonable endeavours to construct the property in accordance with the plan, resulting in something materially different to what you had bargained for.
- Misleading statements about the property – Where the property’s plan, statement in the contract of sale, or the negotiations leading up to it are misleading or inaccurate due to the seller’s error, it may also be possible to rescind the contract.
- Pre-contractual misrepresentation: in contract disputes, a false statement t... More – If a vendor or their agent makes a statement that induces you to enter into the contract of sale, and that statement is untrue, you may be able to rescind the contract based on the false statement.
Misrepresentation can also arise out of statements made by a seller in the Law Society Property Information Form. Statements of opinion are not actionable misrepresentations. However, an exception lies where the person giving the opinion knew the true facts and, therefore, could not have reasonably held the opinion.
Our property litigation solicitors act and provide legal advice regarding a wide range of general property disputes across many areas. These include:
- Forfeiture and possession proceedings
- Breach of commercial lease covenants
- Boundary disputes
- Conveyancing disputes
- 1954 Act business lease renewals
- Dilapidation and disrepair claims
- Rent review disputes between landlord and tenants
- Party wall disputes
- Service charge disputes
- Disputes over rights of way
- Property damage
- Nuisance and trespassing
- Adverse possession
- Lease renewals
- Construction disputes
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Residential tenancy disputes
If your dispute involves a rented or leasehold property, our property litigation team can provide you with advice and assistance. This includes matters regarding disputes over service charges, possession proceedings, and breach of covenants.
ADR for Property Disputes
Our property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More lawyers can help you resolve the dispute in the quickest and most cost effective way by exploring the possibility of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). This process consists of a range of resolution types from negotiation, mediation, or arbitration without the need to enter court proceedings. A large proportion of disputes can be settled using negotiation or mediation.
Our aim is to help our clients achieve their commercial objectives in the most efficient way and to ensure that future disputes are avoided. When property disputes occur, it is important to seek someone who has an informed understanding of legal issues and experience in providing solutions and negotiating settlements.
It may be that litigation cannot be avoided. Therefore, we can help you to bring or defend a property dispute claim in the civil courts or through the tribunals.
How Can South Bank Legal Assist?
South Bank Legal’s commercial and residential properties litigation solicitors handle a range of property and real estate disputes. We provide advice and legal services to both businesses and individuals. Our experienced property lawyers deliver reliable advice and act on it decisively. This cuts any uncertainties and minimises disruption that can often arise in property litigation.
We have acted on behalf of Manchester and UK based clients as well as for overseas businesses and individuals enforcing or defending their rights under contracts containing UK exclusive jurisdiction clauses.
As well as assisting in residential and commercial property litigation, we also assist with a variety of other claims. These include professional negligence, breaches of contracts and disputes that arise between shareholders and partnerships.
If you require advice on the matters discussed above and are looking for a law firm with a good track record, regardless of whether you are a claimant or defendant, you can contact South Bank Legal’s solicitors today for a confidential discussion. We can be contacted via the form below, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0203 1266 584.
Get in touch today