Business disputes are common and often arise between companies or persons for a variety of reasons. Business disputes are time consuming and can have a severe impact on business relationships. It is for these reasons that it is essential to have an experienced business dispute solicitor on your side to assist in achieving the best possible outcome whilst retaining business relationships where possible.
Business dispute solicitors can assist clients by helping parties to resolve disputes in a number of ways. They can help by providing expert legal advice, engaging in alternative dispute resolution methods, or through the use of litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More proceedings at court.
Our success is based on an unwavering commitment to clients’ objectives and our ability to provide decisive and clear advice in even the most complex business dispute matters.
Business disputes we can assist with
South Bank Legal’s solicitors haves many years of experience in dealing with a wide range of business dispute matters. We give our clients clear legal advice. Our business dispute solicitors have particular expertise in commercial disputes, including:
- Company disputes and shareholder litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More – Legal disputes can occur internally within companies and businesses. These disputes typically include director: person appointed as an officer of a company, whose... More, shareholder and partnership disputes.
- intellectual property: a piece of work or a creation by th... More disputes, namely passing off: a civil wrong, or tort, that protects a trader... More claims, copyright: the right to deal exclusively in certain types of... More infringement and trademark infringement
- Professional negligence claims – If a professional’s work or advice does not reach the expected standard, they breach their duty of care. If their client suffers as a result of this, they could make a claim for professional negligence.
- Commercial property disputes – Property disputes can arise between landlords and tenants, homeowners and property developers. These disputes typically involve issues with contracts, boundary issues and disrepair claims.
- Commercial contract disputes – Disputes regarding commercial contracts can occur on all types of contracts, including licensing and distribution agreements, partnerships and joint venture: in business law, a contract, arrangement or u... More contracts and construction contracts.
If you are currently dealing with any type of business dispute, contact South Bank Legal today to speak to one of our litigation solicitors.
Our aim is to cost effectively resolve business disputes in a short amount of time and to keep our clients out of court where appropriate. We represent clients in the UK and abroad across a variety of industries.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
When possible, our business dispute resolution team help clients to resolve their disputes using alternative dispute resolution (ADR). ADR is an effective method of resolving business disputes without the use of any formal court proceedings. Alternative dispute resolution can reduce the amount of time needed to settle a legal dispute and is a cost-effective resolution method.
Alternative dispute resolution methods typically include mediation, arbitration and informal negotiations.
- mediation: in the context of litigation and dispute resoluti... More involves a mediator who encourages both parties to come to a settlement.
- Arbitration is a formal resolution method in which an arbitrator will make a decision based on the evidence that both parties provide.
- Informal negotiations can be entered into at any time when both parties negotiate an agreement to settle.
Our business dispute resolution team will analyse your legal case and discuss any options available to you, as well as advise you on how you should proceed.
Court litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More
If your legal dispute cannot be resolved through alternative dispute resolution methods, then your case may be taken through the court litigation process. If this happens, our skilled commercial litigation lawyers have substantial experience representing our clients in all levels of court, including the Court of Appeal and the High Court.
How can South Bank Legal assist?
In cases small or large, we consider that it is vital to control the costs of litigation to ensure that perspective is not lost and that legal costs do not grow out of proportion to what is at stake.
Our client profile is diverse. As dispute resolution solicitors, we have represented political parties, government regulators and financial institutions. We are equally at home when pursuing the rights of individuals against large businesses, where a tenacious approach can more than even up the balance of power.
At South Bank Legal, our legal team have experience in all areas of law. We work closely with our clients to achieve their business goals. Our law firm is Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our solicitors may act on behalf of individuals located in England and Wales.
For more information, you can contact South Bank Legal via email at email@example.com or telephone 0203 1266 584 for a confidential discussion with a dispute resolution solicitor today.
Get in touch today