Michael Czechyra is a senior commercial solicitor and the founder and Managing director: person appointed as an officer of a company, whose... of South Bank Legal, a commercial law firm in Central London.
Michael primarily acts for business clients in corporate and commercial transactions and disputes, focussing on fintech startups, mergers and acquisitions, commercial contract drafting on behalf of technology companies and service providers, intellectual property issues, and complex business disputes.
Michael is known for his practical approach, his accessibility and his ability to meet his client’s timelines. His clients have included global corporations, private equity investors, financial institutions and trading firms, political parties and a national competition and consumer law regulator.
Michael has practised as a commercial solicitor since 1998. Prior to founding South Bank Legal, Michael held various senior and board positions at City of London law firms for several years.
Recently, Michael has represented:
- A well known London estate agency in £7M disposal of its trade and assets.
- Buyers of multiple “off-the-plan” luxury residential apartments in London, where the sale contracts were successfully terminated and deposits and stage payments of circa £1M were repaid by the developer.
- The directors of a UK software house on the multi-million-pound disposal of the company to a global data visualisation and analytics firm.
- A UK financial institution in a year-long investigation by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- The London headquarters of one of the largest banks in Africa and the Middle East on its trade finance facility arrangements.
- A global firm of consultants to the travel industry on claims arising from the termination: in contract law, the cessation of the term of t... of its EMEA manager.
- The director: person appointed as an officer of a company, whose... of a brokerage firm in the dissolution of the firm’s merger with Europe’s largest paper recycler.
- A US investor in the acquisition of shares: a unit in a company that quantifies what portion of ... and loan notes in a global printing software business.
- A prominent London estate agency in its embezzlement claims and freezing injunction relief against a senior employee.
- An aviation company in respect of raids conducted by German tax authorities.
- A group of UK fund managers in a multi-million-pound bonus payment dispute with their asset manager employer.
- A global communication skills training organisation in a £6M fundraising.
- The directors of one of Europe’s leading pump repair and supply companies in their multi-million-pound disposal of the firm.
- The main liquor distributor in Bahrain in relation to wrongful termination: in contract law, the cessation of the term of t... claim against its UK suppliers.
- The UK’s longest running phone recycling company in a roll out of franchise network in Europe, Australasia and South America.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Solicitor of the Supreme Courts of New South Wales, Victoria, and Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Adelaide, 1998
Telephone: +44 (0)203 1266 584
Mobile: +44 (0)79 569 86670
Employment Law Consultant
Nicole qualified as a solicitor at City and International law firm Berwin Leighton Paisner in September 1999 where she practised for many years. She advises on a broad range of employment law matters, both contentious and non-contentious. Nicole’s range of experience includes:
- general HR advisory work, including advising on disciplinary and grievance matters, redundancy programmes, performance management and managing sickness absence;
- drafting contracts of employment, staff handbooks, service agreements, consultancy agreements and secondment agreements;
- drafting and advising on the enforceability of restrictive covenants;
- drafting and negotiating settlement agreements;
- advising on the application of TUPE in corporate finance, property and PFI/PPP transactions;
- proceedings in the employment tribunal, including advising on the merits and strategy and drafting pleadings and witness statements.
Nicole enjoys amateur dramatics, playing the piano and keeping fit.
Erika takes care of the smooth daily running of our office.
Erika is a Colombian-qualified Lawyer, and practised administrative, criminal and insurance law in Colombia for over 10 years.
During Erika’s time advising the Colombian government she specialised in acting as a legal auditor, in particular with respect to local government departments’ use of resources. She worked in-house in government organisations such as Secretaria de Gobierno, Findeter, Superintendencia de Economia Solidaria and with the National Tax Department advising on collections.
She has a postgraduate in Criminology and Administrative Law from the Universidad Catolica de Colombia as well as an MBA in Business Administration from University of Wales Trinity Saint David London.
Erika is personable and approachable. In her spare time she enjoys volunteering and has contributed extensive time to giving pro bono advice to Latin American women in the UK.
Telephone: +44 (0)203 1266 584