UK Property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More Lawyers
At South Bank Legal our UK property dispute resolution solicitors understand that disputes, particularly those involving your home, can be intensely personal. Our property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More solicitors act not only for homeowners but for property developers, landlords, tenants, vendors and purchasers.
If you have entered into a contract to purchase a residential property, our London property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More lawyers can help you with:
- Off the plan purchases. Where the property is a new build and the developer has failed to serve a completion notice by the long-stop date, we can advise on your rights under the contract. You may, for example, have a right to rescind: in contract disputes, to set aside a contract, or t... More an off the plan contract where the developer has failed to use reasonable endeavours: commonly used in business contracts; ... More to construct the property in time. A right to rescind: in contract disputes, to set aside a contract, or t... More may also arise where the developer fails to use reasonable endeavours: commonly used in business contracts; ... More to construct the property in accordance with the plan, resulting in a something materially different to what you had bargained for.
- Misleading statements about the property. Where the property’s plan, or a statement in the contract of sale or the negotiations leading up to it is misleading or inaccurate due to the seller’s error, it may also be possible to rescind: in contract disputes, to set aside a contract, or t... More the contract.
- Pre-contractual misrepresentation: in contract disputes, a false statement t... More. If a vendor or their agent makes a statement that induces you to enter into the contract of sale, and that statement is untrue, you may be able to rescind the contract based on the untrue statement. It is important however that, once you become aware of your right to rescind, you do so promptly. Otherwise you risk affirming the contract and losing your right to rescind. Misrepresentation can also arise out of statements made by a seller in the Law Society Property Information Form. Statements of opinion are not actionable misrepresentations, however an exception lies where the person giving the opinion new the true facts, and therefore could not have reasonably held the opinion.
Our property litigation: the bringing of a lawsuit or legal claim in cour... More solicitors also act and advise in a wide range of general property disputes, including:
- Forfeiture and possession proceedings
- Breach of commercial lease covenants
- Boundary disputes
- Conveyancing disputes
- 1954 Act business lease renewals
- Dilapidation and disrepair claims
- Rent review disputes
- Boundary disputes
For a confidential discussion with South Bank Legal, please get in touch.