Our technology solicitors advise a range of technology and Fintech: the modern financial services technology sector. startups on the spectrum of legal issues commonly encountered by entrepreneurs in these fields. Our Fintech: the modern financial services technology sector. startup solicitors are technology savvy and deliver services in a cost effective manner, tailored to the budget of a young business and leaving you free to focus on product and business development.
Our technology startup solicitors offer legal advice and services focussing on key issues such as:
- Advising on the best legal vehicle to conduct the business, be it a limited company: in company law, a corporation or incorporat..., limited liability partnership: in business law, a legal enti..., or alternative structure.
- Ensuring that, where there is more than one individual founder of the startup, the founders have an agreement between themselves – very often a shareholders’ agreement: an agreement between two or more ... – that regulates and governs their relationship.
- The security and protection of the intellectual property: a piece of work or a creation by th... rights embodied in the product itself. For example, who authored the software and owns the copyright: the right to deal exclusively in certain types of... and other IP rights in it? Will those rights be in turn licensed to the business vehicle under a formal written agreement? How are intellectual property: a piece of work or a creation by th... rights and trade secrets protected in conversations with potential investors and customers?
- Website compliance; ensuring that websites and any online trading activities comply with applicable commerce and data protection legislation.
- Regulating the rights of their engaged to work for the startup. Whether workers are employees or consultants, it is best to document those rights to protect the business.
Once the legal framework of your business has been constructed you may have medium and longer term goals in mind, such as building additional revenue streams through commercially exploiting your product rights or securing investment and funding. Our Fintech: the modern financial services technology sector. startup solicitors know the sorts of questions that potential investors ask and what their lawyers look out for. We are confident that our forward-thinking guidance will help you realise your business goals.
For a confidential discussion with a London Fintech startup solicitor, you can contact us today.